Australian Payment Summit – Top reasons to attend!
With the buzz around the 2018 Australian Payment Summit kicking into gear, here are our top reasons why you should attend our flagship industry event.
1. Hear from the Governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA), Dr Philip Lowe
We are delighted to have the RBA Governor as our keynote speaker again this year. For those who missed our inaugural Summit in 2017, Dr Lowe presented the Bank’s view on an “e-AUD”, opening the discussion around blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies.
We’re all looking forward to hearing what’s front of mind for the Bank this year and participating in the Q&A session with Dr Lowe following his speech.
2. Stay abreast of emerging issues and topics – Gain a different perspective
Our theme “Payments in the Platform Economy” highlights the shift to super platforms as businesses and consumers embrace the digital world. The program explores key topics like open banking, AI, fintech innovation, blockchain, neo-banks, cross-border payments, digital ID and more, from a local and international perspective.
Countries represented so far include Australia, Belgium, Canada, Hong Kong, Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, United Kingdom and the USA. Here are just a few of the international market experts:
- Gijs Boudewijn, Chair of the Payment Systems Committee at EBF & GM Dutch Payments Association
- Debbie Gamble, VP Digital Products and Platforms, Interac Corp, Toronto
- Paul Schulte, Founder, Schulte Research, Singapore
- Wendy Sun, Sr. Director of Tencent Fintech Payment Platform, Hong Kong
Check out the program which is updated regularly.
3. Network with payments experts, innovators and decision-makers
The Australian Payments Summit is the industry’s flagship event. Last year’s inaugural Summit was a sell-out, bringing together some 250 participants from across the payments world. As the payments landscape becomes more complex and diverse, so do the participants. Join financial institutions, card schemes, retailers, regulators, technology providers, fintech companies and new entrants for two full-days of thought-provoking plenary and panel sessions – and networking opportunities!
We look forward to welcoming you there.
(As published on Australian Payments Network blog here.)